Thursday, November 8, 2018

Pineapple casserole

Pineapple casserole

By: Julie Clark Published: March 14, 2018


This sweet southern pineapple casserole could be a side dish…or a dessert! This distinctive recipe with pineapple, cheddar cheese and butter crackers is always a hit.


Pineapple Casserole Recipe


Complete honesty right here. The 1st time my grandma manufactured this recipe for a family members picnic I thought she was crazy. Pineapple, cheese…and crackers? I didn’t know whether or not to be grossed out or intrigued. My curiosity received the ideal of me and I ended up attempting effortless pineapple casserole that day. I need to have just stayed away since now I can’t end eating it. It’s odd, I’ll admit, but it’s also addicting.


Whether you get in touch with it scalloped pineapple, pineapple casserole or baked pineapple, let’s just agree that it is a scrumptious southern side dish that goes excellent with a ham dinner. Best for Easter!


Pineapple Cheese Casserole


The 1st strange factor about this recipe is that it calls for shredded cheddar cheese. I have no thought why this functions but it entirely does. I advise shredding a block of sharp cheddar cheese yourself. This will allow the cheese to melt smoothly and give you the greatest texture.


Pineapple Casserole with Ritz Crackers


The buttery Ritz crackers on the leading are so, so perfect.The salty crackers minimize back on the sweet of the pineapple in a excellent way. Crush the crackers, toss them with butter and sprinkle the crumbs over the top of the pineapple mixture.


I like to use a deep dish 9 pie plate to serve this casserole. You can use an 88 pan or a 1 one/2 quart casserole dish. Bake the casserole at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes. The top will get nicely golden brown.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey hash

Ingredients 4 ounces olive oil 2 red onions, diced 1 red bell pepper, julienne 1 green bell pepper, julienne two jalapenos, diced, and seede...