Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Date cookies

Date cookies




Components



Directions





These are my husband's favorite Christmas cookie. They do not final extended soon after he has discovered them!


I found the dough challenging to function with and that was soon after I additional at least 1/two extra cup of flour whilst mixing up the dough. I chilled dough overnight and nonetheless was sticky so I had to heavily flour my work surface and perform some more flour into the dough. My bag of chopped dates was only 12 oz. so I ran out of the date filling. I completed up by spreading on my homemade raspberry jam, which I liked much better than the date filling. My date filling was quite stiff and challenging to spread. Yet another time I would make 3 rolls for less complicated dealing with.


These are tasty!


This is out of the very first year of TOH and it truly is still one particular of my favorites! It really is previous-fashioned great!!


These cookies are the greatest. My Grandmother made them at Christmas, then my Mother produced them at Christmas and, of program, now I make them for Christmas. My household loves them, reminds us of Grandma. This is her very same recipe. When rolling them out, I use wax paper and flour it then roll out. Right after spreading the filling, I use the wax paper to aid roll then wrap the identical wax paper about the cookie roll and twist ends and freeze. Lower very best following frozen as they do not freeze tough. Greatest to make ahead and just bake when you need to have them. Ideal cookie ever.


My husband's favourite, I employed pitted dates and rough chopped them.


You must have read through my mind. I have been contemplating "I wonder where moms recipe for date swirl cookies are"? I couldn't locate it so I will try these! I remember she usually baked them for Christmas also. I can smell them baking now!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey hash

Ingredients 4 ounces olive oil 2 red onions, diced 1 red bell pepper, julienne 1 green bell pepper, julienne two jalapenos, diced, and seede...